Subject: Re: fxtv
To: None <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Noriyuki Shiota <nori@shiota.imasy.or.jp>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/10/1998 00:01:45
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
> Ken Hornstein wrote
> >
> > >I don't suppose anyone thinks this is easily
> > >portable to NetBSD?
> >
> > The hard part would be the BT848 driver.  If I ever get one of these cards,
> > I might try it (the hard part is convincing my wife that I need one :-) ).
> >

> I've got a MiroPCTV card which uses this chip. Looking at the sources
> I found that it utilizes the soundcard.h file which gave me a lot of
> unresolved headaches with other applications using this file.
>
> Do we have a scheme to get around the soundcard.h problem? I wouldn't
> mind given it a try myself.

I've ported from FreeBSD bt848 driver and fxtv-0.46 for NetBSD-current/i386.

  ftp://ricohgwy.ricoh.co.jp/pub/os/NetBSD/work/bt848/current-980408/
	sys.patch.gz		- bt848 driver
	fxtv-0.46.patch.gz	- fxtv patch

It works almost good for watching tv and capturing image on Hauppauge
Wincast/TV card.
---
Noriyuki Shiota		shiota@imasy.or.jp