Subject: Re: Problem with uvm and AcceleratedX
To: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/08/1998 09:02:02
On Tue, 7 Apr 1998 Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no wrote:
> And what version does that apply to?  If I go to byte 0x4a8b (19083)
> of my Xaccel version 3.1 binary, I appear to end up somewhere in the
> middle of a string table in some symbol table of the executable.
> Could you please tell me how you found the offending byte?  My gdb
> does not know how to handle a FreeBSD/i386 executable.

Oh, sorry... my patch was for version 1.3 (the last NetBSD version they
made). I found the byte to change using gdb... ran Xaccel and
disassembled around where it got the SIGSEGV. However, if you can't gdb
a FreeBSD binary, I don't know what to do.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++