Subject: Re: Problem with uvm and AcceleratedX
To: None <khym@bga.com>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/1998 14:42:51
> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Chuck Cranor wrote:
> > it appears to be opening /dev/mem O_RDONLY and then trying to
> > mmap() it (PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE).   thus the "Permission denied."
>
> Ah, so it is... thanks! :) I changed it so that it opens /dev/mem O_RDWR
> and it's working again. (Change byte 0x4a8b of the Xaccel binary from 0 to
> 2, for those who wanna know).

And what version does that apply to?  If I go to byte 0x4a8b (19083)
of my Xaccel version 3.1 binary, I appear to end up somewhere in the
middle of a string table in some symbol table of the executable.
Could you please tell me how you found the offending byte?  My gdb
does not know how to handle a FreeBSD/i386 executable.

The string "/dev/mem" first occurs at position 51265 of my
executable.

- H=E5vard