Subject: Setting up X
To: 386BSD-list <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/07/1998 20:07:28
OK, I got my system up and running, but I've run into a problem:

My video card does not seem to be listed in the Cards that xf86config
knows about.  In fact, the card doesn't even get configured by the
NetBSD kernel.  It's a STB Systems Velocity 128, with 4MB VRAM, is "AGP
compatible" and sits on th PCI bus.

So, what do I need to do to get this card to work with X?  Do I need to
write some sort of kernel driver for it?  And/Or some sort of X driver?
And how do I go about determining all those "wierd" numbers that go in
the ModeLines?

I'm not afraid of doing some work here, I just want to know where to
start.  :)

| Paul Goyette      | Public Key fingerprint:    | E-mail addresses:        |
| Network Engineer  |   0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com       |
| and kernel hacker |   E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul.goyette@ascend.com |