Subject: 1.3.1 + Fujitsu LifeBook 735Dx + XFree86
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Terry Moore <tmm@mcci.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/01/1998 17:48:59
NetBSD 1.3.1 is up and running well on this notebook.  To make PCMCIA work, I had
to set the PCMCIA irq mask to 0x0E00 (only use 9, 10, 11).  I also changed
the I/O address range to 0x120 through 0x16F, to match what Win95 was
using.  3C589 net card works OK.  (Though I get a spurious interrupt --
"lpt0: out of paper" -- after ifconfig'ing the net card.)

Here's my question:  how do I make X work on the LCD?  The controller probes as:

Trident Microsystems TGUI 9660 (VGA display, revision 0xd3) at pci0 \
	dev 20 function 0 not configured

xf86config sets up a somewhat workable config file, but the parameters for the
display are obviously wrong, and result in a very unhappy display -- I have
to cycle power to get video back.  The log from startx shows nothing really
interesting -- the server thinks it is up and running.

Anybody have any experience they can share?

--Terry Moore
tmm@mcci.com	tel: +1-607-277-1029	fax: +1-607-277-6844