Subject: Tape streaming
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Scott Telford <st@epcc.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-i386
Date: 04/01/1998 12:13:24
I have a 133MHz Pentium system with an AHA-2940, a Fast SCSI disk and an
antique Archive Viper 2150S tape drive. If I do a level 0 dump of a
filesystem from the disk to a tape, it won't stream continuously for
more than a few seconds. I've tried winding up dump's "b" parameter to
700-800 with no obvious effect. This is with NetBSD 1.2 or 1.3.

Oddly, I remember it streaming better when I had an AHA-1540B.

Anybody else solved this problem?

Cheers,
--
Scott Telford                             "If 386BSD had been available when
Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre        I started on Linux, Linux would