Subject: Re: pms0 vs. psm0
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Patrick Hartling <mystify@iastate.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/30/1998 19:08:06
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> wrote:

} On Sun, 29 Mar 1998 17:25:51 -0600
}  Patrick Hartling <mystify@friley63.res.iastate.edu> wrote:
}
}  > Hi,
}  > 	When I originally installed NetBSD on my system a couple of months
}  > back, I was more than a bit taken aback to discover that the PS/2 mouse
}  > device on NetBSD is pms0 rather than psm0 (which is what I am accustomed t
*** o).
}  > It's not a big deal, but I am curious about why it is named pms0.  Honestl
*** y,
}  > it seems a little odd to have a PMS device.  ;)  Thanks.
}
} The "psm" version is a new version of the PS/2 mouse driver for the
} new wscons console code.

I saw that in a message I read (while catching up on mail) about 2 minutes
after sending my original message.  Heh.  :)

 -Patrick

Patrick L. Hartling			| Research Assistant, ICEMT
mystify@iastate.edu			| SE Lab - 1117 Black Engineering
http://www.public.iastate.edu/~oz	| http://www.icemt.iastate.edu