Subject: Re: CPU for NetBSD
To: Steve Paul <stevep@mccue.com>
From: Rick Byers <rickb@iaw.on.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/27/1998 15:47:41
I run -current on a PII-266 at home, and I run 1.3 on a PII-266 at work,
both work great (no performance problems as far as I can tell).
	Rick

On Fri, 27 Mar 1998, Steve Paul wrote:

> Hello Group:
>
> I have a fairly easy question concerning performance.
>
> I am currently running NetBSD "current" on a P233 system.
>
> In an attempt to increase performance, I'm planning on
> upgrading this machine to a PII-266.
>
> A particular 'guru' at my place of work has stated that
> a PII system running NetBSD will run *slower* (if it
> runs at all) than the existing P233.  Is there any
> truth to this?  Has anyone out there tried NetBSD
> on PII system and does it work for you?
>
> Any insights will be GREATLY appreciated.
>
> TIA,
> Steve Paul
> McCue Systems, Inc.

Rick Byers                                      Internet Access Worldwide
rickb@iaw.on.ca                                		     System Admin
University of Waterloo, Computer Science                    (905)714-1400
http://www.iaw.on.ca/rickb/                         http://www.iaw.on.ca/