Subject: Re: panic: ptdi foo
To: None <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Andreas Gustafsson <gson@araneus.fi>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/08/1998 13:11:14
> This can apparently be run into in the procfs/ptreace() code, as well,
> in certain circumstances.  (I think Mark Brinicombe knows them better
> than I; i've cc'd him in case he's on port-i386.)

I think I just ran into one of those circumstances.  I was debugging a
program using gdb, and when I issued a "run" command, the machine
crashed.  I was running X on the console, so I didn't get a debugger
prompt, but when I tried repeating the debugging session without X, I
got a "panic: ptdi 24bf063".  I suppose that means the bug is
repeatable.  The ddb backtrace showed the following functions:

  _Debugger
  _panic
  _pmap_enter
  _vm_fault