Subject: Re: Compatibility Problems between 1-3 1nd 1.2.1 when using nfs
To: Len Burns <lburns@sasquatch.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@cats.ucsc.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/03/1998 09:40:44
	You need to turn on the noreservport option on the nfsd of your 1.3
box.  The problem is that the 1.2.1 boxes are trying  to send nfs requests
using non-privileged orts as the source of their requests.  The 1.3 server
wants to hear only from nfs clients who talk through privileged ports.  The
option noted above, which may be spelled wrong so see nfsd(4) and exports(5)
for the correct name, put into the /etc/exports file will fix your problem.
-Brian