Subject: Re: Trouble with AHA-1522A
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: James Burton <jamesb@aone.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 03/02/1998 09:50:37
On 27-Feb-98 Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Feb 26, James Burton wrote
>> (from the boot floppy)
>>
>> umount /mnt ; cd /usr/mdec ; ./installboot biosboot.sym /dev/rwd0a
>>
>> cute but frightening that installboot is a symlink to /bin/cat
>>
>> This would not boot at all. So I put the old v1.2 boot block back.
>> This at least booted.
>
> Hum, I wonder if you should't have had /mnt mounted ...

I've tried it with both now. Didn't seem to make any difference.

>> [...]
>> aic0 at isa0 port 0x340-0x35f irq 11
>> scsibus0 at aic0: 8 targets
>> [...]
>> Which is correct as far as I can tell. But whenever I do anything to
>> access sd0 or sd1 it hangs. no response to signals.
>
> Just a guess: did you say in your bios that irq11 is used by isa ?

I don't know. I'll check when I get home. It did work fine with
v1.2 though.

THanks,
james

---
James Burton (jamesb@aone.com.au)       Call the men of science, let them
System Administration                   hear this song. Tell them Albert
Access One p/l, 41 Malcolm Rd.          Einstein & Copernicus were wrong.
Braeside Victoria 3195, Australia.      http://www.home.aone.net.au/staff/james/