Subject: gus vipermax non-functionality
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Valtteri Vuorikoski <vuori@NotCOM.ORG>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/28/1998 00:07:17
 I've been trying to make a gus vipermax work with NetBSD, and
currently the remaining problem is that no sound issues when it
should.

 The system is 1.3 with gus drivers from -current (1.3 just panic'd
with dma lossage), card is recognized as

gus0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x22f irq 12 drq 5 drq2 5
 <Gravis UltraSound version 3.80, 1024KB DRAM, half-duplex>

, I can audioctl it and all. When I input data, play.error increases
to 1 and subsequently stays there. play.samples increases. The config
line is

gus0    at isa? port 0x220 irq 12 drq 5 drq2 5  # Gravis Ultra Sound

(the config software only lets me specify one drq. If I leave drq2
out, the driver will think that record drq is -1 and the kernel panics when the
device is frobbed. If I put some other drq2 there, frobbing the device
also results in a panic).

 The sb (pro) emulation mostly works, except that for some reason when I set
play.rate to 22050, it will tell me that the rate is 22222 (though
everything works right). It will also let me set this to bogus values
such as 44100 (gives me some other value close to 44100 for that), but
opening the sound device gives 'invalid argument'. Stereo play also
fails to work, I can set play.channels to 2 but opening the sound
device results in invalid argument. I've tried both 1.3 and -current
sb drivers, the same occurs with both.

 Is there any hope for this card?

--
Honduras Cuba Tempest arrangements Suelette Dreyfus cryptographic
Castro missile base [Hello to all my fans in domestic surveillance]