Subject: Re: Question about biosboot.sym and serial consoles
To: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/27/1998 17:04:21
I think it's about time that we modify the boot loader *always* to
send output to the frame buffer and take input from the keyboard,
since I don't see any situation in which this could hurt. Additional
options should include:

    * also send output to and take input from a serial port
    * be able to set the `default' console (framebuffer or serial)
    * be able to change the default console to the `other' option,
      should that other one get input before the boot loader starts

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite mist, software reverberates