Subject: Re: Question about biosboot.sym and serial consoles
To: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/25/1998 13:40:37
>CONSDEV_AUTO will not do the right thing in every case.
>It's eg unusable if you have a serial mouse - it will happily
>be used as console.

Well, I was thinking that it doesn't do any harm for a video console,
and it might just make things easier.  I didn't know about the man
page at the time, so perhaps that's good enough :-)

>So I think it is better if people adapt the argument to their
>needs theirselfes and understand what they are doing.

Well, could we bring this knob out into one of the Makefiles with the
appropriate #ifdefs?  All of the other things are.

--Ken