Subject: Re: UVM stability (was: Re: IMPORTANT: new partition ID)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/21/1998 13:33:12
On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 17:01:21 -0500  "Perry E. Metzger" wrote:

> 64M P-133, running UVM and PMAP_NEW.

I use a 64M P-100 with UVM and PMAP_NEW.

I did see problems before turning on PMAP_NEW.  (PMAP_NEW wasn't in
the GENERIC i386 kernel config file when UVM was initially committed.)

My build area is on a NFS server (as is root and swap -- I like my
workstation to be /quiet/).

I actually have a couple of quiet IDE disks, but these are tasked to
Windows and dumps, respectively.  The dump disk is so small and slow
that it isn't worth using even for swap, but it takes dumps just fine.

Giles