Subject: UVM stability (was: Re: IMPORTANT: new partition ID)
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/20/1998 19:25:48
On Thu, 19 Feb 98 22:41:38 -0800  "Chris G. Demetriou" wrote:

> Uh, UVM is experimental right now, and probably will be for at least a
> while yet.  I'd say that it makes a _lot_ of sense to generate an
> i386 -current snapshot without UVM (but with the rest of the changes
> in -current), so that people can do the right things with their disks
> and not have to worry about UVMs possible instabilities (yet).

I concur, but encourage people to play with UVM once they have the
snapshot.

UVM is unstable, but not *that* unstable.  From the time it was
committed to the tree it was good enough to complete 'make build', at
least with the new pmap code.

There are certainly more problems out there but -current is more about
finding bugs than running 'in production', isn't it? <grin>

Giles