Subject: RE: PPP Speeds
To: None <mls26@cam.ac.uk, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mvanloon@MindBender.HeadCandy.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/1998 23:03:58
You can't do this with a "standard" PeeCee serial port -- 115,200 is as
high as she goes (there's probably a little extra slop left at the top,
but not much).  You probably wouldn't want to, anyway.

You should buy a (couple) Hayes ESP cards if you're serious about this.
They can support up to 8x multiplier (on standard com port speeds), and
they have 1024-byte FIFOs.

Of course, if you're buying hardware, you'd probably be better off just
buying a couple cheap ethernet cards.