Subject: Re: CD Writer support on netbsd-i386?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Markus Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/17/1998 21:06:28

    Todd> On Tue, 17 Feb 1998, Brian Buhrow wrote: : I use
    Todd> cdrecord-1.6 under NetBSD/i386. It works great! If you
    Todd> ignore : the author's grousing about the BSD subsystem, and
    Todd> make a slight : modification to his bsd_scsi.c, you're in
    Todd> business. I can send you a diff : of that file for
    Todd> NetBSD/i386 if you like.

    Todd> Under NetBSD 1.3, you should need no special diffs if you
    Todd> use cdrecord from the pkg system.

Hmm, several times I tried to get cdrecord (1.5 and 1.6) working under
NetBSD/i386 with an Adaptec 2940. Using '-dummy' showed no errors, but
real CD burning _always_ failed with an SCSI timeout :-((.

So, I (and maybe some others?) am highly interested in solving this
problem (Known? SCSI device specific? Patches for 'bsd_scsi'?)!

Thanks in advance,

Markus.