Subject: Goldstar 1610 VGA specs, for use with X server?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/15/1998 13:17:24
Hi, all.

I'm setting up a new system... well... it's an old system, but it's new to
NetBSD. Anyway. I've got a Goldstar 1610 VGA monitor, and I can't find specs
for it anywhere. I think I've found specs for every other sort of monitor
ever made by Goldstar, but nothing on the 1610, which was manufactured in
1990.

I searched through each and every site listed for this specific purpose at
www.xfree86.org, and nothing comes up for this particular monitor.

Is there a way I can determine the information I need? The monitor isn't
listed anywhere on the web that I can see, and it's not listed in
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/doc either. The back of the monitor doesn't contain
sufficiently detailed information - nothing about sync or refresh rates.

Thanks in advance for the help! I'd love to get this thing working, but
it's not being "easy" so far. :)

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments