Subject: Re: Sound? //was Re: xmcd - how to with ATAPI?
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Andrew Y Ng <ayn@Ngbert.org>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/13/1998 13:05:10
On Fri, 13 Feb 1998, Lennart Augustsson wrote:

> > also, mpg123 doesn't quite work (i got it with pkg_add), like i tried
> > `mpg123 -s foo.mp3>/dev/audio`... how exactly do i setup my sound card
> > and stuff to get it to play mp3's, realaudio, wav, mov, and the CD?
> Just `mpg123 foo.mp3' should work.

ayn@andrew:~/mp3>mpg123 Celine\ Dion\ -\ My\ Heart\ Will\ Go\ On.mp3
High Performance MPEG 1.0/2.0 Audio Player for Layer 1, 2 and 3.
Version 0.59k (1997/07/13). Written and copyrights by Michael Hipp.
Uses code from various people. See 'README' for more!
THIS SOFTWARE COMES WITH ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
No audio device support compiled into this binary (use -s).

Playing MPEG stream from Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On.mp3 ...
MPEG 1.0 layer III, 128 kbit/s, 44100 Hz joint-stereo
No audio device support compiled into this binary (use -s).
audio: Undefined error: 0

> Also, I recommend that you remove the 'sb0 at isa' from your config
> file before you make a kernel next time.

okie, ill do that...

/ayn

--
Andrew Y Ng  |  <ayn@Ngbert.org>  |  http://andrew.Ngbert.org/