Subject: Re: newfs failure in 1.3 install
To: None <marty@mjhb.com>
From: CyberPeasant <listread@bedford.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/12/1998 02:20:32
> On Wed, 11 Feb 1998, CyberPeasant wrote:
>
> > > the drive is IDE or something else like ESDI because I don't have access
> > > to the BIOS settings (diskette-based program lost years ago).  I tried
> Looks like their downloadable stuff is only for newer models.  I may try
> calling them.

There may be a generic one somewhere, suitable at least for changing the
clock some well-defined things.

> > your 1.2.1 boxes).  Bad144 should be run after partitioning and before
> > disklabel and newfs.
>
> Where do I get the list of bad blocks to feed to "bad144 -a" ?

Either from a paper label on the drive itself, or by running a low-level
format program.

Can anyone else add to this bad144 info???

DV
--
PGP public key:  finger djv@bedford.net

       --== There are Greeks in that horse! I can hear them! ==--