Subject: Re: netscape 4 on NetBSD 1.3
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/10/1998 13:26:56
> did someone get netscape 4 (communicator) working under NetBSD ?
> The linux version, installed with redhat's 4.2 libraries, dies with a
> "bus error" before opening any window.

I'm using the Linux version with the libraries from freebsd.org (referred to
on the compat_linux manual page).  It appears to work fine for me.  (Oh,
wait, I'm only using Navigator, not the whole Communicator suite.)

> I tried the bsdi version, wich goes furter. It can brose www servers and
> read mail. But when a user tries to send a mail, it opens a window saying
> "not enouth memory" (or something like this).

That's Nature's way of telling you "use a real mailer".  ;-)  (I haven't
tried sending mail with it.)