Subject: A reminder: don't forget to send in PRs against sysinst problems!
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/09/1998 09:24:12
Hi all,

Just a reminder that sysinst is an MI install tool.  It's used on
other ports than i386. In fact it was originally targeted to the
pc532, and as far as I know, Phil Nelson, the original developer of
sysinst, doesn't even read the port-i386 mailing list.

I've passed on a couple of the problems mentioned here to other
sysinst developers, who were suprised that they couldn't find the
problems anywhere in the PR database.

If there are problems with the NetBSD install tool, *please* send in
PRs as well as mentioning the problem on the port-i386 list.  If you
don't send in PRs, the responsible developers may not ever be aware of
the problems.  It might also help to put "sysinst" in the summary line.