Subject: cpp problem when compiling kernel
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mark Andres <mark@giganet.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/07/1998 17:02:39
Hi,

I have just installed 1.3-RELEASE for the i386 port on an HP Vectra XM
5/90 (80MB RAM/4.3GB HD).  I am trying to compile a new kernel that
enables the PS/2 type mouse port for my Logitech Pilot Mouse.

I followed the instruction on the FAQ (http://www.netbsd.org/FAQ/) and
edited a config file for myself.  However, after running

  config BONGO

I then change to the proper directory and run a 'make depend'.  Upon doing
so, I see an error message:

  cc: Internal compiler error: program cpp got fatal signal 11

Of course, if I try to run a 'make' it immediately dies with the exact
same error.  Once again, this is the RELEASE version of 1.3.  Any hints?
If I can't compile a new kernel, the system is basically worthless. I did
manage to compile pine though.

   Mark Andres               E-mail: mark@giganet.net
          Running NetBSD, 100% Microsoft Free!
   Me & NetBSD: http://www2.giganet.net/~mark/NetBSD/