Subject: Problems installing NetBSD 1.3 (i386) with BusLogic SCSI
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jan H. van Gils <janvg@knoware.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/1998 17:35:52
        Thanks for reading,

I am trying to install NetBSD-1.3 for Intel on a system with the following
hardware : AMD K6/166, 32Mb SDRAM, Buslogic BT946C PCI SCSI controller,
           SEAGATE 1GB SCSI HD, PIONEER ATAPI-CDROM, 3Com etherlink III.

After booting (dd if=boot.fs of=/dev/fd0H1440) the boot.fs installation
floppy and sysinst is searching for the disks it can use I get a timed out
message en the same message appears again about 30 seconds later with the
"again" appended to the message ( timed out AGAIN ).

The only option that remains after this is to reset the system.

Is there anybody out there who can give me a hint in how to solve this.

Thanks in advance Jan H. van Gils

- With regards
- Jan H. van Gils ( janvg@knoware.nl )