Subject: Re: Wireless LAN cards?
To: Joel Reicher <joel@aaii.oz.au>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/03/1998 07:24:19
> Is there support for any wireless networking hardware, or plans to put
> any support in?

There's been talk of a driver for the WaveLAN card, if that's what
you're referring to.  There exists a driver, but it has commercial use
restrictions and otherwise kind of sucks, which is why it isn't in the
tree.  Matt Thomas mentioned that he had an unrestricted driver, but
that it needed a lot of work to get it working on NetBSD.  I've been
trying to find some documentation for the card so that I can look at
it myself, but so far haven't been able to get any.

			       _MelloN_