Subject: Installation and MSDOS partitions
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buck_c@polygon.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/02/1998 11:04:19
Is it possible to boot with a floppy, create a NetBSD partition, write disklabel etc, and mount a
MSDOS partition to install from? I've got all of the binaries on my PC, and a spare 1.5g partition
on C: that I want to put NetBSD on. However, my 3c503 doesn't like IRQ 2/9, which is the only one
supported by the boot disk. What steps would I need to take to access the MSDOS partitions (3 of
them) on my 5.1g 2nd HD? Alternatively, for the boot tape to be able to mount an IDE CD-ROM, does it
need to be burned under NetBSD (with disklabel and such) or can I just write it with my NT4 system?

--
J. Buck Caldwell

               Engineer - Technical Support - Webmaster
Polygon, Inc.         email:buck_c@polygon.com   phone: (314) 432-4142
PO Box 8470            http://www.polygon.com/     fax: (314) 997-9696
St. Louis, MO 63132     ftp://ftp.polygon.com/     bbs: (314) 997-9682