Subject: Detecting dropped line with internal modem?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mason Loring Bliss <mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 02/01/1998 00:04:38
Hi! I'm slowly moving some stuff from my NetBSD/mac68k-1.3 system to my
NetBSD/i386-1.3 system, and tonight a friend dropped off a 14.4K internal
Hayes modem for the Intel. (I'm going to use it as my ipnat "firewall"
system once I figure out a couple small things, like how to elegantly
drive modem connections from other machines on the net.)

It seems that the modem isn't reporting when it gets dumped... The external
modem I use with the Mac box reports dropped connections, and pppd quits,
but I'm not quite sure how to do this with the Intel machine. (I'm using the
same ppp-up script on the two machines, so I assumed the behaviour would
be the same.)

Thanks in advance for tips!

--
Mason Loring Bliss...mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us...www.webtrek.com/mason
"In the drowsy dark cave of the mind dreams build their nest with fragments