Subject: Re: Upgrade experiences (i386)
To: Gunnar Helliesen <gunnar@bitcon.no>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/30/1997 16:16:52
On Tue, Dec 30, 1997 at 02:07:27PM +0100, Gunnar Helliesen wrote:
> First of all: sysinst is an adequate tool for the job with one very big
> exception: It needs to capture error messages! (I know this has been
> discussed before.)

Yes, this is one of the problems of sysinst that needs solving. I'm sure
it'll be fixed for the next release, but: not for 1.3, unfortunately.

[...]

> The big problem with the process, as I see it, is the INSTALL document.
> IMHO changes/additions have to be made to it before 1.3 is ready for
> release.

Because of the switch in install systems, I expect a lot of comments
(like yours) on sysinst and the install docs. A lot of them have already
come in during the alpha and beta periods, but I'm sure quite a few of
them will come in when people really start installing 1.3 (just a matter
of days now).

- Frank