Subject: Re: LS-120 support...
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@herd.plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/1997 19:35:52
In message <25242.882581265@dnaunix.pa.dec.com>, "Chris G. Demetriou" writes:
>Because of our starting source base, we (the people who made the ATAPI
>Zip drive go, really 8-) ended up using Manuel Bouyer's ATAPI code
>(which was later merged back together with the SCSI code and merged
>into the NetBSD source tree), but there should be enough information
>there and it should be close enough to the existing set of drivers
>that it'd be possible to make an ATAPI disk driver that did the right
>thing.

Cool!  I'd love to see it.

>If somebody else doesn't do this, eventually I'll have to.  If anybody
>is going to try to make an atapibus attachment for the sd driver,
>_please_ tell me so that we can avoid duplication of effort.

Well, I lack the resources/time/knowledge/skill, but I can contribute
a live machine with an Atapi removable media drive, occasional reboots,
dmesg output, and I'll offer a bounty of $100 for such a drive.  Yeah, it's
not enough to pay for a programmer, but maybe it'll serve as inspiration.

-s