Subject: LS-120 support...
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/19/1997 18:21:18
Wel, I've put an LS-120 in my NetBSD box.

Of course, it doesn't work.  ;)

It looks like it gets probed as "some ATAPI device".

atapibus0 at wdc0
atapibus0 drive 1: <, 77AAA0006067, 025AC0AA> type 0 direct removable not configured

Looking around, it looks like it would probably be possible to modify
'cd_atapi.c' into, say, 'sd_atapi.c', which would drive disk-like devices
on the ATAPI bus.

Does anyone have the know-how to do this?  I could provide access to a
machine, although I'd rather not reboot it more often than I have to.

I will gladly pay some money for a driver for this device; it's a cool
toy, and I'd like to have support for it in something other than Windows
and AmigaDOS.  (But, if you want driver tips, the people who did the Amiga
drivers could probably help.)

-s