Subject: Re: IPv6 compat?
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Quaizar Vohra <qv@3com.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/18/1997 11:12:50
UNH has an implementation which is optimized for 64 bit alphas and
slightly different approach from other implementations. A well
tested ND implementation and some support for DHCPv6.

I have been unable to support it as I have a different job now.
But someone at UNH is going to update it and add security stuff to
it.

Please feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

I have it working on NetBSD 1.2 but not on 1.3

Quaizar

It has supports or lacks supports for :

Support for:
------------
+ Basic IPv6 functionality.
+ Optimized for 64 bit architectures.
+ Neighbor Discovery and autoconf.
        + Mostly in user space (using route sockets).
        + Neighbor cache in the kernel.
        + Extensively tested.

+ Single integrated TCP/UDP layer over IPv4
        and IPv6 (In terms of  source).
+ IPv6 over IPv4 Tunneling.
+ Advanced API almost complete (with test \\
        programs).
+ Can act as a router too.
+ Some code for multihomed host support and \\
	source address selection (not well tested).
+ DHCPv6 (not current).
+ Detailed document discussing implementaion \\
	is available too.

Support lacking
+ DAD and Path MTU.
+ DNS (BIND needs to be ported).
+ Security and Authentication.
+ EUI 64 changes need to be made.
+ Routing protocols from MERIT need to be ported.

You can find it at :
+ ftp://sun4.iol.unh.edu/pub/ipv6
+ Tested on Alpha and Sparc architectures.