Subject: Re: new _BETA up on ftp.netbsd.org
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert.V.Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/1997 14:40:00
>From: "Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@quick.com.au>
>I just did a test boot on my Toshiba notebook and noticed that when I
>ifconfig'd ep1, that it used irq 7 (used to get 5 with 1.3_ALPHA).

I saw that too, and I'm guessing that is why my ep1 does not work.
I can not ping anywhere -- even by ip address.  (I think that there
should be several irq's off limits at least 1,2,4,7,8,13,14,15)

There are more problems too.  I can not configure a disk label with
sysinst.  After I'm done, it tells me there are conflicts between the b
and e partition when I go to partition by hand.  I tried letting it use
its defaults.  It still did not work, now there are conflicts between
a and b.  So much for option a.

option b: (upgrade) hung when trying to ftp stuff in.

option c: (reinstall) failed to be able to mount the e partition.

Further,
  1.	Didn't we decide to bring the configure network to the the main
	menu?
  2.	I still think that it would be nice to replace the x -- xmenu
	page with n -- next DO THE NEXT THING.
  3.	I have an exsting label anyway on the first label page it tells
	me:
	 real geom: 1048 cyl, 16, 63
	 bios geom:  523 cyl, 32, 63
	after you continue I get
	 disklabel: geom: 1048 cyl, 16, 63
	 real geom: 1050 cyl, 16, 63
	I don't particularly care what mistakes might or might not exist
	on any previous disklabel. BUT REAL SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE SAME!

  3a.	If you do a reenter geometry and hit carriage returns it reads
	these as 0.  (same sort of thing happens when editting partition
	offsets.