Subject: Re: new _BETA up on ftp.netbsd.org
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/17/1997 22:46:09
Perry writes:
>I've put up a new 1.3_BETA on ftp.netbsd.org; this one should be
>getting pretty close to the final release's form and content, modulo
>changes to the install notes and installation subsystem.

Thanks!

I just did a test boot on my Toshiba notebook and noticed that when I
ifconfig'd ep1, that it used irq 7 (used to get 5 with 1.3_ALPHA).

Checking the /kern/msgbuf shows that no lp* device was probed.
Is this omitted from the install kernel?  The INSTALL doc does
not '*' it as omitted.

Sorry, I've not yet made enough space to unpack the sources and check
the above for myself and if the lp* was supposed to be probed then
its probably rather important...

--sjg