Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/12/1997 14:46:58
Excerpts from netbsd: 11-Dec-97 Re: NetBSD master CVS tree .. Frank van
der Linden@win (739*)

> The Linux svgalib doesn't need PCVT that heavily. All the ones that are
> needed are emulated right now. It just needs PIO access and does it
> all by itself. X detects whether pcvt is available or not

Ah - thanks.
I was always wondering why I got "not graphics capable
console" with pccons, but X worked.

> And move to get our new interface included of course..

Where is it, the new interface?
Is "wscons" a candidate?
Btw, are there copyright issues or why is it only used in
the alpha port? It is quite mi, and it is actually working
on one of my i386 boxes where I'm trying to get rid of
"BROKEN_INDIRECT_CONFIG" and non-bus.h
drivers.

best regards
Matthias