Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/11/1997 13:53:38
Excerpts from netbsd: 10-Dec-97 Re: NetBSD master CVS tree .. Jason
Thorpe@nas.nasa.go (1446)

> Actually, we should not do any more development on pcvt.  We should
> move to a _real_ MI console subsystem.

Hmmm.
But then, we'll have to keep at least the programming interface for a
while - for compatibility.
(svgalib DOOM compatibility in particular, and X)

> It _really_ needs to not be done the way it is now, because for those of
> us who use SYS_INCLUDES=symlinks, you're now polluting our source trees.

As I wrote, this was not introduced "now". It was always installed
in /usr/include/machine.
(In either case, one has to invoke "make" from i386/isa/pcvt/Util
separately, it is not done by a global build.)

How about moving pcvt_ioctl.h now to dev/isa/pcvt? The driver
files can follow step by step when they are merged again.
The utilities/examples should go to usr.bin/pcvt, shouldn't they?

best regards
Matthias