Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: drochner@NetBSD.ORG, Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/1997 22:49:32
Excerpts from netbsd: 10-Dec-97 Re: NetBSD master CVS tree .. Jason
Thorpe@nas.nasa.go (1036)

[Install "pcvt_ioctl.h" by normal "make includes".]

> If this install it into <machine/pcvt_ioctl.h>, that's wrong.  If we want it
> to be exported to userland, we need to move the include file.

Yes, it installs to /usr/include/machine, as it has been before.
I see that the "machine" directory is supposed to be identical
to <arch>/include, and it can even be a symlink into the
kernel sources.
But since "pcvt" is used by the bebox port too it would be
reasonable to move the whole driver to sys/dev/isa or so,
after cleaning up the divergences.
(I'm not sure about the "isa"; it would probably make sense
to introduce a pci attachment one day.)

Because CVS repository moves are ugly, it is better imo
to do it once and to a final location.

The situation was much worse before - "pcvt_ioctl.h" was
installed by "make depend", which was not obvious for
users and forced to run "depend" as root. It needed
some kind of fix now.

best regards
Matthias