Subject: Re: NetBSD master CVS tree commits
To: Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/10/1997 16:27:21
On Wed, 10 Dec 1997 22:49:32 +0100 (MET)
 Matthias Drochner <drochner@zelux6.zel.kfa-juelich.de> wrote:

 > Yes, it installs to /usr/include/machine, as it has been before.
 > I see that the "machine" directory is supposed to be identical
 > to <arch>/include, and it can even be a symlink into the
 > kernel sources.
 > But since "pcvt" is used by the bebox port too it would be
 > reasonable to move the whole driver to sys/dev/isa or so,
 > after cleaning up the divergences.
 > (I'm not sure about the "isa"; it would probably make sense
 > to introduce a pci attachment one day.)

Actually, we should not do any more development on pcvt.  We should
move to a _real_ MI console subsystem.

 > Because CVS repository moves are ugly, it is better imo
 > to do it once and to a final location.
 >
 > The situation was much worse before - "pcvt_ioctl.h" was
 > installed by "make depend", which was not obvious for
 > users and forced to run "depend" as root. It needed
 > some kind of fix now.

It _really_ needs to not be done the way it is now, because for those of
us who use SYS_INCLUDES=symlinks, you're now polluting our source trees.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935