Subject: disk partition size
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG, port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert.V.Baron <email@example.com>
Date: 12/05/1997 23:09:00
1. I think that most people do not want crash dumps. (we need a
2. I think that a 32Meg root and a 120 Meg usr work for most systems
3. Given 2. you have a large usr1.
4. If you need to dump, just make usr1 a critical fs (it gets mounted
early) and have crash link to it. This would seem to be a good
5. swap is funny. I buy memory not to swap period; not to swap larger
programs. I think that there should be some limit on swap to 64Meg
so large systems don't get large swap.