Subject: RE: sysinst report [was: 1.3Beta]
To: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/04/1997 21:10:56
On 05-Dec-97 Jonathan Stone spoke unto us all:
# >3. When you net install, you should be allowed to not specify a
# >   nameserver or gateway.  Then you would use the ip addresses to
# >   ftp or nfs to.
#
# I'm surprised you'd want to type more addresses than necessary, but
# whatever.  How about we make it possible to enter 0.0.0.0 for the
# gateway/DNS addresses, and let you enter dotted-quads at the other
# points?  Would that work, if it was documented?
#

What if I'm installing on local boxes with no internet connection?  It seems a
nameserver would be a possible nightmare to contend with.

Curious, can the new install use a ppp line to fetch the tarballs?  I used to
hack a disk together containing kermit, rz and sz so I could do installs
without the use of DOS on lone machines alot..  having built in ppp would be
nice..

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html