Subject: Re: 1.3Beta
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert.V.Baron <rvb@gluck.coda.cs.cmu.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/03/1997 11:12:00
>From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>

> The bottom line here is that the name 'sysinst' is _not_ going to
> change for the 1.3 release. It's far too late for that. But that
> aside:

> sysinst is an MI tool used on a couiple of other ports for 1.3, with
> more in the pipeline for future releases.  Any name chosen has to be

First, I presume that the community of alpha and beta users is small
compared to the community of ultimate users.  NOW is the time to change.
I'd suggest a name like "admin", based on the ultimate scope of the
tool.

I'd also like to suggest that the i386 version in its Dec1 form is not
ready for a Dec19 release.  I'd suggest that it made an option not the
norm; it just seems to dangerous to me.