Subject: Re: who uses the build-in uucp with a modem?
To: Tom Javen <tomja@innotrac.fi>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: port-i386
Date: 12/02/1997 00:39:19
Tom Javen <tomja@InnoTrac.fi> writes:

>On Tue, 2 Dec 1997, Tom Ivar Helbekkmo wrote:

>> On modern hardware, I have no problems at all -- we run 1.2G in
>> production at work, and are very happy with it.  Looking forward to 1.3!
>> At home, though, I'll be moving to OpenBSD on Intel, and 4.3BSD-Reno on
>> the VAX.  Reno may be old, and may have its share of bugs, but at least
>> it's runnable on my old MicroVAX!  :-)

>I tried current on my i386dx and i386sx , both without 387 , could this
>vm_fault which i see rather frequently be related to the missing
>coprocessor ?

Good hypothesis, but doesn't explain the vax.  If you can repeat the
panics on a 386dx or sx with the identical kernel and userland you
have on an i486, please send a PR.  Being able to reproduce the
problem on with the same setup as a non-faulting system should help
isolate this.

>I have no problems on my i486 , other than nfsd is dumping core...

Did you remove the old /sbin/nfsd after installing /usr/sbin/nfsd?
(also nfsiod, and the quota control program)

There was a script posted to do this...