Subject: Re: Problem with isapnp on 1.3alpha install flopy
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/30/1997 23:15:07
On Fri, 28 Nov 1997, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> For some reason the pnp code detects that a card responds to the LFSR reset,
> but when it really looks for the card, nothing responds. It is probably a
> matter of timing again. If you compile the code with debugging turned on
> you might find which timing constant needs to be adjusted. The code right
> now follows the spec, but it appears that some cards don't.

I compiled a kernel with DEBUG_ISAPNP (or is it ISAPNP_DEBUG? Something
like that :), and I got a stream of "isapnp0: Trying port 0x203", "...
port 0x207", etc... I tried increasing the DELAY()s in isapnp_shift_bit,
isapnp_findcard, and isapnp_find, but it didn't seem to help :( I'm back
home and don't have access to the machine to do any further tests,
unfortunately. I did notice that Windows 95 says the ISA PnP read-data
port on that machine is at 0x2f0-0x2f3. It was at 0x270-0x273 on the other
machine, where isapnp did work.
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 22 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++