Subject: Re: Problem with isapnp on 1.3alpha install flopy
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/28/1997 09:11:55
In article <Pine.BSI.3.96.971127062310.4705A-100000@urchin.bga.com> khym@bga.com (Dave Huang) writes:
>I tried booting the 1.3alpha install floppy (kernel dated Nov 23) on a
>friend's machine, and the autoconf stuff failed at the isapnp0 probe:
>
>isapnp0 at isa0 port 0x279panic: isapnp0: no cards found
>
>The operating system has halted
>Please press any key to reboot
>

>I don't know much about the machine... it's a P233 MMX, SiS chipset,
>uses the system RAM as video RAM (eew :). NetBSD shows the chipset devices
>as:
>
>vendor 0x1039 product 0x5597 (host bridge, revision 0x02)
>vendor 0x1039 product 0x0008 (ISA bridge, revision 0x01)
>vendor 0x1039 product 0x5513 (IDE mass storage, interface 0x8a, revision 0xd0)
>vendor 0x1039 product 0x0200 (VGA display, revision 0x65)
>
>All of those are "not configured", btw. I thought the fisrt two would show
>up as pchb0 and pcib0? Or does that only work for the Intel chips?

That is fine.

>The BIOS lists the following Plug and Play ISA Devices:
>AW35/Pro (Resource R2.2-D7)
>V1433VQH-U 336 PNP MODEM

For some reason the pnp code detects that a card responds to the LFSR reset,
but when it really looks for the card, nothing responds. It is probably a
matter of timing again. If you compile the code with debugging turned on
you might find which timing constant needs to be adjusted. The code right
now follows the spec, but it appears that some cards don't.

christos