Subject: Re: ADSM and SVR4/iBCS2
To: None <Steen.Linden@ebone.net>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/25/1997 13:12:42
> I am trying to get an SCO binary client for IBM's ADSM backup
> system to run under NetBSD 1.2G's SVR4/iBCS2 emulation. (It
> works under Linux with iBCS2 emulation).
>
> However the client is using /dev/socksys, which is not created
> by the NetBSD COMPAT_SVR4 stuff.
>
> Any hints??

I assume you mean iBCS2 emulation, it is distinct from SVR4.

All you need to do to get TCP/IP networking to work in iBCS2
emulation is

# touch /dev/socksys

i.e. it doesn't need to be a special file, it just needs to
exist.  Yep, that's slightly counter-intuitive.

I thought this was mentioned somewhere, but I can't seem to find
it right now.

- H=E5vard