Subject: Re: floppy controller tape devices?
To: (Matthias Scheler) <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
From: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.futureone.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/23/1997 20:19:08
On 23-Nov-97 Matthias Scheler spoke unto us all:
#
# These devices are IMHO no good choice. They are slow, unreliable and not
# durable. And the medias are much more expensive like e.g. DAT or Exabyte
# tapes. So you should consider spending some more money for an SCSI
# streamer which you will regain sooner or later by saved mooney and time.

While this is wholly true, and somewhat indisputable, not everyone has bought
one yet.  While I feel thats a fair answer for someone planning/thinking about
buying one, it's not fair to someone who allready has one.

If we aren't going to support obsolete/crappy hardware... alot of port
maintainers are going to feel very angry.. ;)

---
Tim Rightnour    -  root@garbled.futureone.com
http://www.zynetwc.com/~garbled/garbled.html