Subject: Re: new wdc/wd loses interrupts?
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@chassiron.ensta.fr>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/20/1997 10:23:06
On Nov 19, Chris G. Demetriou wrote
> Anybody else seeing problems with the current (1.3_ALPHA) wdc/wd
> drivers?
>
> I've getting lost interrupt messages every so often on my laptop.  It
> _doesn't_ appear particularly related to suspend/resume requests,
> etc., it just happens randomly while i'm using the system (and makes
> the system utterly unusable with the current version of wdc.c 8-).
>
> I've tried revisions 1.6.2.2 (the current one) and 1.6.  The former
> fails in the way described, the latter works correctly (or, as
> correctly as it always had 8-).  In my kernel source tree, i've
> switched back to the old version of _only_ that file, i.e. the
> problems do seem completely dependent on the changes between those
> revisions.
>
> Anybody else seeing anything?

Well, I'm using it on 486, 586, 686 and 6x86 without problems.
But laptops have often "interresing" behaviors :)
Could you give an example of the timeout message (in 1.6.2.2, the timeout
message is a bit more verbose).

Also, 1.6.2.2 is the same as 1.8. Could you try rev 1.7 ? This would narrow
down a bit the changes which caused that.

email: bouyer@rp.lip6.fr
       bouyer@ensta.fr