Subject: new wdc/wd loses interrupts?
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/19/1997 11:43:37
Anybody else seeing problems with the current (1.3_ALPHA) wdc/wd
drivers?

I've getting lost interrupt messages every so often on my laptop.  It
_doesn't_ appear particularly related to suspend/resume requests,
etc., it just happens randomly while i'm using the system (and makes
the system utterly unusable with the current version of wdc.c 8-).

I've tried revisions 1.6.2.2 (the current one) and 1.6.  The former
fails in the way described, the latter works correctly (or, as
correctly as it always had 8-).  In my kernel source tree, i've
switched back to the old version of _only_ that file, i.e. the
problems do seem completely dependent on the changes between those
revisions.

Anybody else seeing anything?

cgd