Subject: Re: SMP or software based RAID capabilities?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/13/1997 11:58:31
On Thu, 13 Nov 1997, Jukka Marin wrote:

> > Does "not yet" means that there is something in the pipeline? :)
>
> Several weeks ago someone mentioned that "NetBSD will have SMP support
> before end of the year"..  I kind of doubt it, but I can't wait to see
> SMP (whether it happens before or after the New Year).

It's been muttered that Charles is working on kernel thread support (as
part of a funded project! Yea for those sponsors!). I have NO idea how
it's going, but I'd bet it should be at some sort of finishing point.

Just before a release is a hideous time to add SMP. I bet it'll need a lot
of testing before a full release. However, just AFTER a release would be a
great time, as it'd have the most time before the next release. ;-)

Take care,

Bill