Subject: problems with kernels compiled with recent i386 snapshot
To: None <port-i386@NetBSD.ORG>
From: the Riz <riz@boogers.sf.ca.us>
List: port-i386
Date: 11/07/1997 20:48:17
I've got a weird and annoying one, here...

I just did a clean install of the i386 1.3_ALPHA snapshot from
ftp.netbsd.org on a DIGITAL Hinote VP laptop, and everything comes up fine
with the GENERIC kernel which was there.  However, any kernel which I
compile (including the GENERIC one) from source tarballs downloaded today
hangs at 'setting tty flags'.  When booted into single user mode, the
keyboard does not respond at the 'Enter shell or return for sh:' prompt.

Any thoughts as to what might be wrong???

Thanks in advance,

+j

--
Jeff Rizzo                                         http://boogers.sf.ca.us/~riz